Contribute your session to Freedom not Fear 2017!
Freedom not Fear 2017 in Brussels starts on Friday, 6 October. It’s time to plan your journey and to announce your session(s). The first workshops are already in the schedule:
• Data retention in EU via ePrivacy? – What are Estonia, Bulgaria & Austria up to?
• What could be a joint EU-wide campaign in 2018?
• Bodycam use by police
• Bulk interception European intelligence services
• CryptoKids: creating teaching materials for kids
• Offline tracking: WLAN, face recognition & co.
• Mobility under surveillance? (travel restrictions, toll systems etc.)
• Rhetorics of (governmental) surveillance – How do we convince people that freedom is better?
• Commercialisation: Health and Care in the Digital Single Market
• Talking about the Big Brother Awards in Europe
Announce your session in the Freedom not Fear wiki or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org:
(Note: the schedule is work in progress.)
Register for travel allowances
Freedom not Fear 2017 is self-organised and free, and you do not have to register to take part. But, thanks to MEPs you can apply for travel allowances. We will inform you as soon as registration for is travel allowances open.
Freedom not Fear 2017 is a BarCamp and conference for civil rights activists from all across Europe. Representatives from non-governmental organisations meet in Brussels for four days to work for freedom in the digitised world. We plan action and we take action against increasing surveillance and other attacks on civil rights. We want to live in freedom, not in fear. Join us!